Advance copies of my forthcoming book, The Creative Industries, Culture and Policy can now be ordered.
For Australian and New Zealand readers, the order form can be found here. At $A44.95, its got to make a great Xmas gift.
International readers can buy a copy, or get an inspection copy, here.
Policy Problems Seeking Policy Solutions
Carolyn Adams, Macquarie Law School
Presentation to Australian Law Reform Commission Legal Officers, 12 August 2011
* contemporary government challenges papers of Australian Public Service Commission are relevant e.g. Tackling Wicked Problems, Smarter Policy, Challenges of evidence-Based Policy Making.
* Public Policy Development – role played by statutory agencies such as ALRC – ALRC Act 1996 s. 21 and s. 24 – consideration of economic costs/benefits has become a more recent consideration
* ALRC has more scope to pursue more
Children, Consumption and Media: The Making of Public Policy
Professor David Buckingham, Institute of Education, UK
Presentation to Journalism and Media Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, 14 July, 2011
NB: these are my verbatim notes from the presentation. They are not reflective of my personal views.
* why so many reports on children and media? Moral panics term is overused in media and cultural studies – always someone else’s panic
* more interested in how certain issues come to be problems –